When a certification expires, a student is granted a redemption period of 24 months (with exception of CCME - 12 months).
To renew expired core certifications during the redemption period, the holder of that certification must register for and successfully complete the appropriate Recertification Refresher Course. This does not include an exam.
To be eligible to recertify a CCO certification, a certification must be current (or expired no more than 24 months)
If a certificant has only earned CCO, they can renew by one of two ways:
- Complete the On Demand CCO Only Recertification Class (details below); or
- Attend and achieve CCPA
To be eligible to recertify a CCPA certification, a certification must be current (or expired no more than 24 months)
If the certificant has earned the CCPA certification, they can renew by one of three ways:
- Complete the on-demand CCPA Only Recertification Class (details below); or
- If they also achieved CCO, they will complete the CCO+CCPA version of the on-demand Recertification Class; or
- Achieve the CCME certification
To be eligible to recertify a CCME certification, a certification must be current (or expired no more than 12 months)
If the certificant has earned CCME, they can renew only one way:
- Upload Continuing Professional Development: Cellebrite requires documentation verifying attendance at a minimum of 21 hours of continuing professional development related to mobile device or digital forensics from industry recognized organizations - this does not have to be our training courses.
- Upload Work Experience: Upon submitting the recertification application, Cellebrite requires documentation that the certificant has examined or supervised the examination of at least three (3) mobile devices during the previous certification period.
Please be advised that these certifications have been discontinued, but will remain valid until expiration.
- Current certifications will remain valid until the expiration date on currently issued credentials
- Upon renewal, CBE certifications will be issued in line with all other certifications issued by Cellebrite
- Therefore, renewed CBE certifications shall be issued for two years when you renew
- The CBE recertification schema will be published on this page when available