Cellebrite Iron Python (CIP)
Introductory Python Scripting
This module introduces you to scripting using the Python language. Python supports all models of forensics, from mobile, to computers, to networks.
- Getting Started
- Working with various data types
- Making Decisions with Code
- Complex Decisions with Code
- Repeating Events Until Done
- Remembering Lists
- How to Save Information in Files
- Reading from Files
- Handling Error
Python Forensic Application
In this module you will apply the skills you just learned into incorporating several scripts into a practical case. You may write your own scripts, change some of the ones provided or both to get the results from your evidence. This enjoyable team exercise lets you expand upon both your forensic and newly honed scripting experience.
Physical Analyzer and Python
This module focuses on learning the basic Python interpreter used by Physical Analyzer. You will incorporate your newly learned Python skill into reading data from a device extraction and using a basic script to include it in analysed data.
- Identify the Python functionality within PA
- Utilize the Python guide for Physical Analyzer
- Use a script to extract basic information
- Understand how to incorporate your findings into the Analyzed Data section
This module focuses on SQLite database structures and using the Python’s SQLite library to interpret and generate a report on your findings.
- Identify SQLite databases
- Identify SQLite database structures
- Explain how data is stored within records
- Use Python to extract and analyze binary large object (BLOB) data from databases and process the results
- Use Python to search and extract data from SQLite files found in today’s mobile devices
- Utilize both Physical Analyzer and open source tools to report on your findings