Cellebrite Mobile Forensic Fundamentals (CMFF)
This is the starting point for first responders, investigators and crime scene investigators tasked with identifying and seizing mobile devices for data acquisition. The course does not include conducting extractions. The CMFF course (or test out) is the first requirement to qualify for the Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) certification exam.
Mobile Device Technology Overview
- Identification of mobile device hardware and operating systems.
- Discussion of how mobile devices communicate.
- Discussion of how technology affects network capacity.
- Information on how devices and subscribers are identified on networks.
Forensics Process Overview
- Description of the first responder’s role
- Description of the four phases of the digital forensics process
- Identification of challenges when applying the process to mobile devices (Android and iOS locks)
- Discussion of the data extraction approach
Seizure of Mobile Devices
- Evidence handling and documentation
- Tools and equipment for seizing mobile devices as evidence
- Proper procedures for seizing mobile devices in a manner that preserves evidence integrity
- Sterilize media to be used for storage of evidence