Cellebrite Mobile Forensic Fundamentals (CMFF) Course - Entry Level
Level - Entry
Course Length: 2-Day
This is the starting point for first responders, investigators and CSI staff tasked with identifying and seizing mobile devices for data acquisition, it does not include conducting extractions. The CMFF course (or test out) is the first requirement to qualify for the Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) certification exam. Students achieve the CMFF certificate of completion upon passing an examination with a score of 80% or better. The CMFF course (or test out) is the first requirement to qualify for the Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) certification exam.The CMFF course is comprised of the following modules and lessons:
2. Mobile Device Technology Overview
- Identification of mobile device hardware and operating systems.
- Discussion of how mobile devices communicate.
- Discussion of how technology affects network capacity.
- Information on how devices and subscribers are identified on networks
3. Forensics Process Overview
- Description of the first responder’s role
- Description of the four phases of the digital forensics process
- Identification of challenges when applying the process to mobile devices (Android and iOS locks)
- Discussion of the data extraction approach
- The importance of evidence handling and documentation
- Identifying tools and equipment for seizing mobile devices as evidence
- Applying proper procedures for seizing mobile devices in a manner that preserves evidence integrity
- How to sterilize media to be used for storage of evidence
5. UFED Reader
- Description of UFED Reader capabilities
- Understanding of what a UFDR file is
- How to import a UFDR file into UFED Reader for analysis and reporting
- How to bookmark and filter a UFDR Report
- How to create reports from UFED Reader files