Cellebrite Mobile Forensic Fundamentals (CMFF)
Mobile Device Technology Overview
- Identification of mobile device hardware and operating systems.
- Discussion of how mobile devices communicate.
- Discussion of how technology affects network capacity.
- Information on how devices and subscribers are identified on networks.
Forensics Process Overview
- Description of the first responder’s role
- Description of the four phases of the digital forensics process
- Identification of challenges when applying the process to mobile devices (Android and iOS locks)
- Discussion of the data extraction approach
Seizure of Mobile Devices
- Evidence handling and documentation
- Tools and equipment for seizing mobile devices as evidence
- Proper procedures for seizing mobile devices in a manner that preserves evidence integrity
- Sterilize media to be used for storage of evidence
Last modified: Monday, November 22, 2021, 7:44 AM