The Cellebrite Reader course is an entry-level program, designed to familiarize investigators with the use of .UFDR reports in investigations. The course takes non-technical personnel, from investigators to prosecutors, and introduces them to some basic information about digital devices, digital evidence, and their role in investigations. Students are provided hands-on time with the Cellebrite Reader software to learn how to analyze, sort, tag, and generate reports for their cases.
Students have a 90-day limited time period to access and complete all content, activities, and exams for this class. Access begins on the day the student’s enrollment is confirmed (voucher consumption) and can be monitored in the top left-hand menu of the class homepage, by use of a timer which shows students the number of days remaining for their access.
- Although this is a self-paced fully online class, we suggest students follow a similar schedule to the instructor-led format (provided in the next section) in order to ensure they successfully complete the entire class, before their access period expires.
- In the event that additional access time is needed, the student must wait until the number of days reaches 0 days, at which point the countdown will become a button to request an extension of 30-days. You will not be able to request the extension prior to the expiration of those days, to ensure you get an additional full-term for the request.
- Extension requests typically take 1-2 business days to review/approve and limited to a one-time request. If the student fails to complete the course after the approval of the 30-day extension, you may be required to purchase the class again and start over.
The Cellebrite Reader course is comprised of the following modules and lessons:
Mobile Device Technology Overview
- Proper Identification of Mobile Devices
- Overview of How Mobile Devices Communicate
- Artifacts of Interest
- Information Potentially Available from Providers
Introduction to Cellebrite Reader
- Understanding How a UFDR is Created
- Importing UFDR Files for Analysis
- Tagging Items of Interest
- Understanding Location-Based Information
Reporting with Cellebrite Reader
- Understand Reporting Options Available Through Cellebrite Reader
- Create Reports Based on Analyzed Data
- Customize Reports Using the Reporting Wizard