Mobile Forensics - Entry-level course
Cellebrite Mobile Forensics Fundamentals (CMFF) is an entry level course designed to provide attendees with compulsory digital forensics fundamental knowledge.
Topics include include:
- Mobile device communication networks,
- Explorations of Android and iOS file systems,
- Extraction methodologies
- Memory (NAND) functions
- Proper handling of digital evidence for use in administrative, civil, or criminal actions.
Attendees will learn the reasoning and strategies used by creditable practitioners and organizations to form the future of digital forensic best practices.
This certification mark recognizes that this course met Quality Matters Review Standards.
Quality Matters is a nationally recognized, faculty-centered, peer-review process that certifies the quality of online courses. Cellebrite training is committed to quality assurance and course design.
All Online Course Student Manuals are now eBooks!
Cellebrite Online On Demand courses now feature eBook student manuals. These manuals can be accessed via the Cellebrite Learning Center anytime and be viewed on any device.
Added benefits to digital manuals:
- Immediate access to student manuals
- Accessible anytime, from anywhere, on any device within your course
- Find what you need through easy to use search functions
- Modern content format and increased accessibility
Students have a 90-day limited time period to access and complete all content, activities, and exams for this class. Access begins on the day the student’s enrollment is confirmed (voucher consumption) and can be monitored in the top left-hand menu of the class homepage, by use of a timer which shows students the number of days remaining for their access.
- Following this period, a single 15-day extension can be requested. The student must wait until the number of days reaches 0 days, at which point the countdown will become a button to request an extension of 15-days.
- Extension requests typically take 1-2 business days to review/approve and limited to a one-time request. If the student fails to complete the course after the approval of the 15-day extension, you may be required to purchase the class again and start over.
More details on this policy can be viewed here.
Required Resources and Materials Provided
To participate in this On Demand course, students must have:
- A computer capable of running Cellebrite Reader software
- An active internet connection to take this course online.
Cellebrite will provide:
Students who do not already have or have access to currently licensed Cellebrite hardware and software are
encouraged to take one of our Instructor-Led or Live Online classes.
- The appropriate student manual
- Certain required materials based on the course taken.
For this course, students are required to complete the course content, and complete a feedback survey to obtain their certificates of attendance and completion.
Prerequisites and Continued Learning
Recommended next course(s):
This is a non-certification course
CMFF Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the legal responsibility in using Cellebrite products
- Identify mobile device hardware based on physical characteristics using various methods
- Recognize and describe the four phases of the forensics process
- Apply best practices when seizing devices to a mock scenario
- Conduct basic analysis and searches of extracted device data using UFED Reader software
- Create basic reports using UFED Reader software
Successful completion of this course is defined as the student being able to demonstrate proficiency in the above learning objectives by passing a knowledge-based assessment with a score of 80% or higher.